Arí van Twillert is a luxury lingerie and clothing brand based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
We are loved for our innovative designs and wearable creations,
we use technology to innovate function while playing with form,
storytelling is at the heart of what we do.
We are currently seeking an atelier intern. We create all of our designs in our atelier based in De Wasserij, the new Rotterdam based fashion hub. The atelier is a big open space, so you will see and experience the whole process. In our atelier the custom fit lingerie are created directly by Lidewij and our production team. We perform fittings, design and technical adjustments, pattern making and final garment creation.
Our PR and marketing team is creating and translating the concept into stories, making the campaign, lookbook, and collaborations. We arrange shoots, manage sales, press, and branding all under one roof.
The couture custom fit lingerie is handmade in our own atelier. We only use the best materials that we design ourselves or source personally. We are rapidly growing and have sound ethical values in sustainability, environmental issues, creating equal opportunities and a positive working environment. It is important to us that the right candidate also feels this.
For a successful candidate first you will have an individual face to face meeting, for which we ask you to bring an example of your best work. Next you will be asked to take part in a workshop with our head of production.
- Must have knowledge and experience in pattern making, machine sewing and handwork.
- The internship starts as soon as possible (exact date in consultation).
- The duration of the internship is for 6 months with longer available under consultation.
- You are currently studying for your secondary vocational education or higher.
- You must have the right to work in the EU (please contact us if you do not have the right to work in the EU but would be interested to intern in the future).
- It is an internship of 4 or 5 days per week with occasional out of office hours for events and exhibitions.
- You are able to come to our offices in Rotterdam.
- Previous industry experience would be an advantage due to working at a high level within the atelier.
- Must have fluent Dutch and good English.
This is placement for a student undertaking an accredited work placement
- Students can expect to gain insight into the makings of a couture collection from start to finish and working with a variety of materials.
- We offer a monthly internship fee.
- The internship starts as soon as possible.
- A thesis can be combined in consultation.
- During the internship you will be coached by the founders including monthly support sessions.
- Students will get a hands-on approach with in-depth knowledge within a couture atelier in lingerie.
- Placement is full time with regular working hours with the occasional option of outside of hours for attending events.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Atelier Intern”