Arí van Twillert is a luxury lingerie and clothing brand based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
We are loved for our innovative designs and wearable creations,
we use technology to innovate function while playing with form,
storytelling is at the heart of what we do.
We are currently seeking several (design) engineering interns. We create all of our designs in our atelier based in De Wasserij, the new Rotterdam based fashion hub. The atelier is an open space, so you will see and experience the whole process. In our atelier the custom fit lingerie is created directly by Lidewij and our production team.
We perform 3D scans of our clients which will be converted in perfectly fitting bra patterns via our in-house developed algorithms. Next to that our redesign of the traditional underwire is custom for every client, 3D printed and patent pending. As a (design) engineering intern you will assist in the conversion of 3D body scans to bra patterns and 3D prints.
If you are looking for a graduation assignment, we have an interesting new project for you to work on. Please let us know if you are looking for a graduation project when you apply.
- Great understanding of Rhino 3D CAD software.
- Experience with parametric modeling.
- Analytical thinker.
- Experience in working with Python would be an advantage.
- Experience in working with Cura 3D or other 3D printing software would be an advantage.
- Experience in working with Adobe Illustrator would be an advantage.
- You are currently studying for your bachelors or masters degree at a technical university.
- You must have the right to work in the EU (please contact us if you do not have the right to work in the EU but would be interested to intern in the future).
- It is an internship of 4 or 5 days per week with occasional out of office hours for events and exhibitions.
- You are able to come to our offices in Rotterdam.
- Must have fluent Dutch and good English.
- We offer a monthly internship fee.
- The internship starts as soon as possible.
- Placement is full time with regular working hours with the occasional option of outside office hours for attending events.
- A thesis can be combined in consultation, please indicate if you are looking for a graduation assignment when you apply.
- During the internship you will be coached by the founders including monthly support sessions.
- Students can expect to gain insight into using CAD software with 3D body scans and using anthropometric methods digitally and in 3D.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter directly to email@example.com with the subject “Engineer Intern” (if you prefer you can send your application in Dutch).