Bottoms size chart
Water Drift Bodysuit
“Sea levels are rising and if climate change continues, Amsterdam will be completely engulfed by the year 2300.”
This colourful embroidered bodysuit is inspired by the ‘Dutch Drift’ against water. The Dutch are experts in water management and monitor water levels in every river, canal or lake. Our drift against rising sea levels has been a fight to control the waters around us for centuries. The colourful bars in this garment embody a graph of water levels in the Amsterdam canals during heavy rain in 2017. The Water Drift Collection depicts dry feet should not be taken for granted in The Netherlands, as soon the rising sea levels will be uncontrollable.
Every pattern piece is carefully embroidered separately and aligned on tulle so the graph is not disturbed. The embroidery strengthens the tulle for extra support envisioning our philosophy of balancing aesthetics and comfort.
Inspired by the Taskforce Fashion After Flood project. Embroidery is produced by Tegendraads.
Features of this garment:
- • Visualizing the ‘Dutch Drift’ against water
- • Based on water levels in the Amsterdam canals
- • Every pattern piece is embroidered separately and carefully aligned on tulle
- • Ideal bodysuit for lingerie as outerwear
- • Adjustable straps to create your own fit
- • Alluring back with a stripe to cover just in the right place
- • Body closure at the crotch
- • Customization is possible upon request
1, 2, 3, 4, 5